Donsbach has 20 + years of insurance experience with diverse background that spans across all aspects of an insurance operation. Donsbach has led Underwriting, Distribution, Claims and other key insurance functions to give him an overall understanding to lead an insurance operation. Donsbach and his team were involved in taking premium from $2M in 1999 to over $500M in 2008.
Greg Donsbach attended the University of Alabama and graduated from the University of North Alabama with a Bachelor of Science, Finance. Donsbach holds a Property and Casualty license in Nebraska and a non-resident license in California.
Some of Donsbach and his team’s highlights over a 17-year period with FirstComp and Markel include:
- Developed web based quoting browser
- Moved organization from paper to paperless
- Set overall corporate winning culture and developed talent throughout organization
- Established fronting and reinsurance relationships for growth initiatives
- Assisted in opening offices in key regions to get closer to the distribution base
- Led profitable Underwriting unit for organization through 2008
- Created Analysts role to measure results and provide input for business decisions
- Internalized audit process to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Led California division to soft landing as market and economic conditions worsened
- Implemented Special Investigative Unit in California
- Developed cross sell focus throughout Markel Specialty
- Segmented agency strategy to manage distribution platform more effectively and efficiently
- Expanded comp footprint into 40 states and Business Owners Policy new product offering in 10 states